I have found some great ways to incorporate swimwear that is perfect for every body type.
First of all, swimwear follows the same techniques and trends as everyday clothing and my method of bargain shopping is the same for swimwear.
I mean we all dread the summer seasons because we know we are going to have show some skin and who wants to add to that stress by spending a lot of money on their swimwear?
You can always find bargain swimwear at your local TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls, Target, Kohls or outlet stores.
Remember to find pieces that you can mix and match. You might find a top that cost a bit more, but then pair that with a bottom from another bargain store or vice versa. You can find some really nice pieces in some of these amazing stores.
Another tip for finding that perfect swimsuit would to be to shop at the end of the season. A lot of your retail stores like Dillard’s or Belks will soon be discounting their summer items to make room for fall/winter styles.
I have bought all of my swimsuit separates from different discount stores, mixed and matched to fit my body type and feel fabulous wearing them.
So treat you swimwear like your everyday style when it comes to purchasing and styling for your body. You are the one that will be wearing it so you need to enjoy it and feel like it was worth the money spent.
My problem areas are small chest and a big rear end. Yep. I said it and I have embraced it.
My favorite thing to do is to color block my swimwear. This fools the eye and either enhances or disguises those problem areas.
I also figured out that a small little skirt to cover my tushy helps as well as a ruffle at the top to enhance the chest.
Enhancing is the key ladies, you can do it by adding pops of color, wedges, or maybe your favorite piece of jewelry.
Honestly these tricks work for every shape or size. Just bring your everyday style in with your swimwear style.
Know what you enjoy wearing and what feels or looks good on you. Be confident in your body and yourself.
Here are few great tips
– To highlight a feature you like, use a bright color or pattern.
– To hide something you don’t like, use a solid color.
– If you have pale skin, use black or deep jewel tones, such as dark purple, navy, and maroon.
– If you have dark skin, bright colors can actually be more flattering and help hide what you don’t like.
– To add volume (such as to the bust or hips), choose a piece with ruffles in that area.
– To hide volume (such as on the waist), use shirred or ruched fabric.
– Don’t be afraid to buy separates that don’t match perfectly. Say you want to highlight your bust, but draw attention away from your hips. You might buy a bikini top in a bright solid or pattern, and a bottom that’s a dark black, blue or brown (depending on the top).
– Enjoy vintage. I love vintage style swimwear on every shape woman.
– A tankini will highlight your waist, because it draws the eye to the section of skin that’s showing. If you love your waist, but not so much your hips or bust, choose this.
– A one-piece will hide your waist. Choose one with shirred panels over the stomach, or in a dark, solid color.
– High-cut bikini bottoms make legs look longer. If you’re short, or you’re long in the torso, this is a good selection.
– Halter tops draw attention to the bust, as do triangle tops.
– Tie-front bikini tops draw the eye to the bust, as well as pulling the breasts closer to one another, effectively making them look larger. If you have small breasts and want them to look larger, this might be a good choice.
– Bandeau tops will make the bust seem wider. If you’re a pear shape and you want to imitate an hourglass shape, choose a bandeau top with ruffles or another busy detail.
– For a large bust, look for a straight across cut at the top of your swimsuit with wide set straps to minimize your bust. Try a bikini top with an underwire and a thick chest band for extra support. A thick chest band will prevent jiggling so that the bra stays where it should and your girls won’t fall out.
– Once again, the key to finding your style in swimwear is the same as finding your style in your everyday clothing.
– Enjoy and embrace.
God bless and happy swimsuit shopping!