I want to thank all of the sweet ladies at the MOPS meeting today!. You all had great fashion questions and I hope that I was able to help you all out with your fashion dilemmas.
One question in particular that everyone women seems to ask and struggles with would be: How do you find the right jeans to fit your body?
Here are my 411’s on jeans and the best purchase for you.
- Sometimes it’s worth spending the money on a great pair of jeans. I do feel the better the quality the better fitting of the jean.
- Try shopping your local bargain stores for those expensive jeans. Stores go through cycles of discontinuing clothing and you may find a $100.00 pair of jeans for $30.00. (TJ Maxx is great about this.)
- Buy dark washed jeans. This can make you feel and look slimmer.
- Don’t be too hard on your body by not buying the right size. We tend to gravitate to larger sizes when in all reality we need a small, or vice versa.
- Every jean is made different, so don’t feel like it’s you. Be sure that when you go to a store that they measure you, or before you leave the house measure yourself.
- There is nothing wrong with pulling out the measuring tape. I am quite sure that the sales person will be more than happy to do that for you.
Where to Buy Your Jeans
A Little Curve
Premium: Try Joe’s Jeans. They are known to fit well in the back, hips, thighs, and rear end.
Now if you want to purchase an item under $100.00 for your curvy figure then look for Lauren Ralph Lauren, PZI Jeans, iTJeans and Silver Jean Co.
They all have several styles that flatter fuller figures.
Premium: Most skinny cuts will work. J brand Jeans are great, Paige Denim and MiH brands. ( J brand jeans are sold at The Hue Studio Inc.)
Under 100 Dollars: American Eagle Outfitters and Cheap Monday.
Premium: James Jeans, “Twiggy” Skinnies come in a 29″ inseam. AG Adriano Goldschmied, and Siwy.
Under 100.00 dollars: The Gap.
Premium” Hudson’s signature super model jean. Also J Brand.
Under 100.00 dollars: Express Jeans and The Gap.
DKNY Jeans are great for plus size ladies and they are totally on trend. Old Navy has a great selection of jeans as well.
Source: Style Magazine
A Few Styles
GOOD FOR: Elongating short legs with a no-fuss cut that dresses up or down.
GOOD FOR: Looking effortlessly sexy, as the relaxed cut works on all shapes.
GOOD FOR: Boyish or petite figures, as they’ll never have to be tailored and can show off shoes!
GOOD FOR: Slimming legs and hips with a bit of stretch and a longer hem.
GOOD FOR: Balancing out hips and thighs for a streamlined look.
So I hope this narrows down all of your jean dilemmas.
One final tip: Please do not purchase pajama jeans.
I know they look comfortable but remember ladies the first word in the jeans is pajama that means you are ready for bed not a night out on the town!