It’s already hard enough for some women to figure out what their style is. Doubly so for those periods in our lives when our weight fluctuates and our clothing can go from a size 6 to a size 8 in a week.
Don’t let this roller coaster of size get you down ladies. Our bodies are made to adjust to the this crazy roller coaster, but not our brains.
First and foremost the department stores can be pretty deceiving when it comes to our true sizes. In all reality, if the clothing size says you are a size 8 and last week you were wearing a size 6 it’s ok, don’t have an emotional breakdown.
Blame it on the department store or the manufacturer, they are never true to their sizes!
So, take that style stress out of your head! We naturally go up and down with regards to our weight. I don’t care how small or how big you are, it is what it is.
We all have our weeks of feeling discouraged and having a little weight gain. We are all getting older. We could be taking medicine that’s causing us to gain weight. There is pregnancy and the post birth weight that wants to stick around. We get stressed at work or at our partners. The rigors of being a mom or wife. The list keeps going on and on.
Don’t stress over these weight fluctuations. Let’s try to understand our body and accept that it is what it is.
Find clothes that are flexible with your weight fluctuations. You need to understand and embrace your body and your style.
Don’t get stressed, just understand we are all going through the same motions and enjoy yourself, enjoy your style, and enjoy your body!
Here are a few quick ideas on getting you through the weight change blues.
1) Don’t shop when you feel like you are feeling uncomfortable with your body.
2) When you are having an off week, remind yourself that every women has a week or two that is off. Wear clothes that you know you are comfortable in during those crazy weeks.
3) Breathe, that’s right, it’s as simple as that. Just take time to breathe. Tomorrow is a new day and the weight might be going in the other direction then.
4) Understand your body and how you react to your frustrations. Keep a journal and see if you can get a handle on what is causing the weight changes. Are you eating differently? Have you been binge watching a new Netflix show? Know you are not the only ones that go through these emotions.
5) Meditate or pray. You might want to even have a girlfriend or two that you can do this with. I find that having a core group of girls to reflect with is such a great way to help with self esteem. Make sure those girls are just as awesome as you are!
6) Grab a special treat. It’s ok to have a little happy treat, whatever it may be, just don’t overindulge. Maybe go for a little walk afterwards.
Here are some examples of what might be making you uncomfortable and how you can understand your body.
What are you eating?
Salty foods, junk, a lot of grease basically? These are he things we enjoy when we are in a slump, ha! Raise your hand if you are guilty.
It’s fine from time to time, I completely understand. Try walking or doing a little fun exercise throughout your day even if it’s for only 20 minutes. This will clear your head and you will feel so much better!
Understanding that our bodies change with age is not a bad thing ladies. This just means we get to embrace other styles with our changing bodies. We grow older and our style grows more mature. I love this! So lets embrace the age thing. This goes for any age.
Yes, once again, I am just as guilty. We are so stinking hard on ourselves, ladies.
I am even speaking for myself. How many times have we compared ourselves and our bodies to friends, siblings or even people in the magazines or on TV, really?
Why, do we do this? We are human and we are constantly fighting with Satan. That’s just life and we can’t let Satan take control of how beautiful we truly are, no matter what size, shape, etc.
Don’t be deceived by sizes in the department stores, people in the magazines and movies, the way clothes fit, those so called perfect friends(who are struggling as well) because we are all human and we are amazing women.
None of this is reality so, stop with the comparisons.
This is such a broad category, but life can be a whirlwind of craziness sometimes. Take time for yourself and don’t let insecurities of your body or life take control.
I am speaking from experience folks. All of our problems are the same, big and small and they are all there for God to handle. Just remember that when you are in a funk, whether it’s a fashion funk or just a plain ol’ funk :)