Loving your pregnancy and finding your style
Here is sweet Leslie, I just recently styled her for a photo shoot. She looks amazing! Thank you Martin Harris with Britsnap for allowing me to be a part of this.
Being pregnant is such a beautiful blessing from God. We all know that. But there are times where we just don’t feel as beautiful as we would like. Well, my gift to all you pregnant ladies out there is styles and ways you can embrace your growing tummy before and after that little blessing is born.
When you first find out you are pregnant it is exciting and scary at the same time. We all worry about gaining weight and changes in our body. This is something that every woman struggles with. I can remember my nurse covering up the scale just so I wouldn’t see my weight…and I jogged everyday that I was pregnant!
I really had a hard time realizing my stomach was growing. I was still wearing regular tops and not realizing that my tummy was poking out of the bottom until my sisters and cousin offered to take me maternity clothes shopping. Yep, that’s why I decided to do a “fashion 411” on styling a gorgeous growing tummy. The reality is that our body is going to change. And the biggest reality of all is that we are praying for a healthy baby, so we need to gain that extra weight.
Let’s just think of it like this: we have a new body and a new shape and let’s embrace it during pregnancy and after. So here are a few ways to style your new gorgeous body:
1. Buy clothes that will fit you during pregnancy and after. If you have to buy a size larger, then that is fine. You can always alter it with your growing tummy.
2. Maxi dresses and skirts are AWESOME for any size. Stock up on your favorite styles and colors. These dresses can be worn into the fall as well. Put a nice cardigan over it and you are one gorgeous mama. All the expecting movie stars are wearing these versatile dresses right now. I will post a link of some our favorite pregnant stars below.
3. Buy a great pair of Maternity dark wash jeans and then throw on your favorite t-shirt. Depending on how far along you are, you might need a maternity shirt. Be sure to layer it up with jewelry. If you are really daring then wear a fun heel, but if your feet just can’t hack it then be sure to find pants that fit your stride and are a nice length at the bottom to wear your favorite flat.
4. Cardigans are great for those cold months. You can wear them with any of the items above.
5. Dark colors and small prints: This is very important. You don’t want to look bigger then you really are. Keep you color neutral and bring out the color in your shoes and jewelry.
6. If you want to use a belt around your growing belly then make it small and wear it in top of your belly or below depending on what you are wearing. A maxi skirt and then a top would be perfect for wearing the belt below the belly and a maxi dress would be perfect for wearing the belt above the belly.
7. Leggings and long tops or dresses: I love leggings and dresses or long tops when you are pregnant. These items are stylish and so comfortable. Wear leggings that are dark in color and you can keep your tops or dresses fun with a little detail.
8. Love and embrace your new body, ladies. And remember, stay healthy for yourself and for that sweet blessing and know that you can wear all of the items above after your pregnancy. Shop right and embrace your new style. Don’t go in with the attitude that you’re am only going to be pregnant for 9 months so you don’t want to spend a lot of money on clothes. That’s not the point. The point is that we need to feel good about ourselves while we are pregnant and after we have the baby and a great style for your growing belly is the key to feeling good and looking great!
So I am going to post a website of a few of our gorgeous and favorite women in Hollywood. Check out how they style their cute baby bumps!
The long maxi dresses are perfect for that growing belly. I love the dresses Tori Spelling and Ali Landry have on, perfect style and print for any mom to be.
And if you checked out my blog in the past few month’s. Ali Landry was so gracious to answer a few question in regards to her style and what she enjoys wearing during her pregnancy. She is so precious inside and out ladies. Check it out if you missed it!
Read about Ali Landry’s Styling.
Jessica Alba looks precious with all of her soft layers.
Love the layering once again, Jessica Alba!
Selma Blair you look amazing!
Dark colors and layers are the key. Notice her jewelry ladies.
I hope you get some great ideas for your gorgeous new body. If you would like for me to help you with your style then send me some questions, pictures or you can book even book an appointment with Centsibly Southern.
xxx and God Bless you all!